Can You Become a US CPA with 3 Year Degree Alone?

Can a 3-year bachelor degree (generally equivalent to an Associate degree) quality to sit for the CPA exam?

Equivalent to the Indian CA, the US CPA has global recognition, and its scope is not limited to India or the United States, but you can find opportunities around the world. The US CPA Course is a single-level exam that can be completed in about a year. This course is really worth it because of the huge opportunities (national and international) it can bring you if explored in the right way.
Every year of university education in India is equivalent to 30-semester credits of US education. The education requirements for CPA exam eligibility vary across states, but the main requirement is that candidates must have completed either a bachelor's degree or 120 college credit hours. 

If you have a B.Com degree cleared in first division from a NAAC A accredited university, you will be entitled to an extra 30 credits taking your total credits to 120.

However, some states require that their candidates complete a minimum of 150 college credit hours to sit for the exam, and you're good to go if you have any of the following qualifications:

B.Com + MCom/MBA equalling 150 credits
B.Com +CA/CS/CWA equalling 150 credits


Hope the article is helpful to you. If you have any queries, feel free to comment in the section below. Happy Learning!

Simandhar Education:

Simandhar Education is the official partner of Becker and AICPA - Largest Training provider for US CPA, US CMA , IFRS and EA courses in India with offices in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Kerala, Cochin (Kochi), Trivandrum, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Chennai, and Mumbai.

Learn how to use CPA, from First basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry Experts. Simandhar Education is the best leading training provider for CPA in India. Contact [email protected] 919390785925.



Add Comment