Let’s focus on the major differences between the two courses.
- CMA USA course duration is one year whereas CMA India course duration is for three years.
- The regulatory body for CMA USA is “Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)”, but for CMA India it is “Institute of Cost Accountants for India.”
- The pass criteria for the CMA USA exam is 360/500, but for the CMA India exam, it depends on the percentages (40% in individual papers and 50% aggregate).
- One should be eligible for CMA USA exam only when he has passed class 12 or UG, CMA India, the eligibility is Class 12 pass.
- There are two parts in the CMA USA exam format, and for CMA India it has three levels (foundation, intermediate, and final levels).
- CMA India is an Indian certification whereas CMA USA is globally recognized.
- In CMA USA, the article-ship is not applicable, and for CMA India the article-ship is applicable for six months.
- CMA USA focuses on auditing and cost reduction, but CMA India focuses on cost control.
Institute of Management Accountants
Institute of Cost Accountants of India
Class 12 / UG
3 levels (foundation, intermediate and final level)
Minimum of 360 marks out of 500
40% for individual papers and 50% aggregate.
CMA is considered as the highest level of certification in management, but the course credibility increases when it is awarded by IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) USA.
Simandhar is the official partner of Becker and AICPA - Largest Training provider for US CPA, US CMA , IFRS and EA courses in India with offices in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Kerala, Cochin (Kochi), Trivandrum, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Chennai, and Mumbai.
Learn how to use CMA, from First basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry Experts. Simandhar Education is best leading CMA USA in India. Contact [email protected] 919390785925.
Anji Velagana is the Content Strategist at Simandhar Education and has 2 years of experience in content writing and blogging. He loves pursuing excellence through writing and has a passion for technology & educational content. Contact him on LinkedIn.