Key Differences Between CPA and CA|| CPA vs CA
The significant differences between CP and CA are mentioned below:
1. The professional degree offered to qualified accountants in India is known as Chartered Accountant or CA. Certified Public Accountant or CPA refers to the statutory title given to accounting professionals in numerous countries across the globe and is the equivalent of an Indian CA.
2. The CA exam is conducted by the world’s second-largest accounting body, that is, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) whereas the Uniform CPA exam is regulated by the world’s largest accounting body, i.e. the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
3. The CA course takes a minimum of four years to complete, whereas CPA can be completed within a year.
4. After passing the 10+2 exam, any person is eligible to take the entry-level exam, the Common Proficiency Test (CPT), in case of a CA. In contrast, the US CPA eligibility differs on the basis of the states or jurisdictions, but a minimum of 150 semester hours is the prerequisite for a maximum number of states.
5. To become a CA, a person has to qualify three levels of the exam. On the other hand, a person can become a CPA by qualifying four exam sections.
6. The CA exam is conducted for Level 1 in June & December, for Level 2 & 3 in May & November. For CPA, there are four testing windows in a year.
7. The cost and expenses of pursuing the US CPA are higher than that of CA.
8. The institute provides study material in pursuing CA, but this is not so with US CPA.
Hope that the above article brings to you the differences between a CPA and CA (CPA vs CA || CA vs CPA). If you have any queries, feel free to comment in the section below. Happy Learning!
Simandhar Education is the official partner of Becker and AICPA - Largest Training provider for US CPA, US CMA, IFRS and EA courses in India with offices in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Kerala, Cochin (Kochi), Trivandrum, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Chennai, and Mumbai.
Learn how to use CPA, from First basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry Experts. Simandhar Education is the best leading training provider for CPA exam in India. Contact us @+919390785925.
Hurry up! CPA exam now in India and Simandhar Education will help you achieve it.