Rules and Guidelines
Do Not Forget Your NTS
We cannot stress this enough because sadly, this happens to more CPA candidates than you’d like to believe. You don’t have to bring much with you, but make sure you have your NTS and two forms of identification. If you do not bring these required items, you will forfeit your exam and the fees you paid, forcing you to reapply and pay again.
As far as actually taking the exam, this is the most important tip we can give you. Time management is crucial to success. Each test is 4 hours long. While you’re studying, as you get closer to your exam date, try to utilize the practice tests with time management as one of your goals
Where the Parametric Testing Center is: We highly recommend you make the drive to the parametric centre once or twice before your exam. Get to know the route, how long it will take, and what traffic is typically like during the time and day of your exam. You do not want to get lost on your way to the testing centre or arrive late.
If you’re late, then you’ll have forfeited your time and will be forced to reschedule, which will likely include having to reapply as well. Besides impacting your wallet, imagine the frustration missing your test would produce. So on the big day, plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early. This will give you plenty of time to arrive, overcome any unforeseen circumstances, and ensure you can maintain a calm yet ready demeanor
CONFIDENTIALITY OF EXAM CONTENT/SYSTEMS
- The computer-based test delivery system, tutorial, exam content, and survey are the unpublished, confidential, and proprietary materials of Prometric and/or your test sponsor.
- Communicating, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any part of an exam, in any form or by any means (e.g. verbal, electronic, written, etc.) for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
- ANY reproduction or disclosure will result in the immediate filing of civil and/or criminal charges against you and anyone directing or conspiring with you.
TEST CENTER CHECK-IN PROCEDURES & BREAKS
- Original, valid (unexpired), government issued photo & signature bearing identification is required in order to take an exam. Validity and the number of acceptable IDs are predetermined by your test sponsor.
- You will be scanned with a metal detector wand prior to every entry into the test room.
- You will be required to raise your pants legs above your ankles, empty and turn all pockets inside-out and raise shirt sleeves above your wrists prior to every entry into the test room.
- If you are wearing eyeglasses you will be required to remove them for visual inspection to ensure they don’t contain a recording device. Large jewelry items must be stored in your locker due to concerns over concealed recording devices.
- Exams may have scheduled or unscheduled breaks, as determined by your test sponsor. Each time you leave the test room you must sign-out.
- The TCA will inform you what is permitted during exam breaks, specifically regarding whether access to your locker, and access to cell phones and notes within it, is permitted or not. All candidates must inform the TCA before accessing a stored item during a break, including medicine. Repeated or lengthy departures from the test room will be reported to the test sponsor.
- Upon return from a break, without exception, you must go through all security checks, present valid ID, sign-in and, if required by the test sponsor, provide a fingerprint to be re-admitted to the test room.
- You must place personal belongings, such as a purse or cell phone, in the storage lockers provided by the test center. The lockers are very small and are not intended to hold large items. Do not bring anything to the test centre unless it is absolutely necessary. You can bring water and medicine but you must leave them in your locker. You must keep your identification with you at all times. If you leave the testing room for any reason, you will be required to show your identification to be readmitted.
- Be aware that introductory examination screens operate under a ten minute time limit. If those limits are exceeded, the session will automatically terminate and it will not be possible to restart the exam. While there is adequate time to review the screens and respond.
- Be sure to follow research problem directions. If you are having difficulty entering a response in the space provided, you may not be using the expected response format.
- Report any functionality problems to the Test Centre Administrator. If possible, wait until the end of the session. If you encounter a problem in a simulation, be sure to identify the TAB in which it occurred.
- Focus on the exam and don’t allow yourself to get distracted by unimportant issues. For example, if your responses do not generate the expected colour changes in pencil icons, continue testing. Report this matter at the end of the session. Also, note that the system will verify the capture of your responses.
To know more about the next career options, you may visit our centers for CPA USA, CMA USA, CFA etc in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, gurgaon , Hyderabad or visit www.simandhareducation.com and we are also the Channel partner of AICPA( American institute of Certified public accountant -Largest accounting body in the world)