STEP 1: TIME LIMIT (MAXIMUM 20 DAYS)
- Listen to Becker’s lectures and whenever you feel like you didn’t understand some concept you can always refer to Simandhar’s classes for conceptual clarity.
- Simultaneously, write down notes for each module and make sure you leave two pages blank after each module (useful at Step 2 and 3), this takes time but is extremely useful for revision.
- Also make sure you do skills practice videos, MCQs and SIMs and note down the concepts where you had difficulty to solve or answer.
STEP 2: TIME LIMIT (MAXIMUM 20 DAYS)
- Start revision with a rough reading of all the modules & a single chapter all at once along with the notes which you prepared and then solve MCQs, skills practice and sims once again. In this step, you can make sure you have the right-thinking process for each question, and then you can connect the dots between chapters and know where information is repeated in them.
- All questions that you got wrong can to be noted down in the blank pages that were left out while preparing notes (it’s better if you write wrong options and the reason why they are wrong in your own words for a better understanding)
- Highlight the areas in which you are weak.
STEP 3: LAST REVISION AND TESTS
- At this stage, you should directly start solving MCQs, & SIMs which shouldn’t be that tough since you already know the obvious answers to such questions.
- If you got an answer wrong again, then those are the important areas that you should make sure you check just before the exam-day.
- Do a rough checking of the notes that you had prepared in Step 1 & 2.
- Start solving unlimited practice tests by adjusting the number of questions you want to solve.
- Also, start solving simulated tests at the same pace.
DAY BEFORE EXAM: READ HIGHLIGHTED NOTES AND KEEP ON PRACTICING.
This was the strategy I followed during my exam and every time I made notes or referred to them it was almost like a revision to me.
HOPE IT IS HELPFUL TO OTHER CPA ASPIRANTS.
Simandhar Education is India’s No.1 training provider for US CPA, US CMA, Enrolled Agent IFRS and HRCI professional courses.