Everyone has different strategies and plans to study a subject. But, others’ feedback will give you the much needed clarity while moving forward with your studies. Hence, my strategy.
First of all, I took live classes of Sripal sir and Suraj sir and then took Becker lectures (especially of Peter Olinto). After taking the lecture, I generally made my own notes which definitely was time-consuming but it helped me during the last days of my exams. Then went through the skill master videos which were actually amazing.
During my second round of study, I revised my notes and took a practice test (which consisted of 50 questions +2 SIMs each time) for each module separately and the marked MCQs helped me understand where I lacked, and then went over those concepts again.
In the last 15 days of preparation, I gave 2 mocks of Becker and a sample test of AICPA, which made me understand the whole scenario of the exam. I also solved all AICPA released questions.
EXPERIENCE OF MY EXAM DAY:
- First of all, the interface of the exam is very familiar to that of Becker mocks, that gave me confidence.
- I don’t think AICPA is weighted as I saw a lot of MCQs on governmental accounting and NFP only.
- SIMS is voluminous as compared to Becker SIMS but it’s manageable if you stick to the question which has been asked.
- One of the SIMS I got in the exam was about the conversion of US GAAP to IFRS so it’s extremely necessary to know the difference between them.
- I must say that the calculator that was provided by them was very tiny and it was difficult to calculate with it. So, I recommend practicing with excel for calculation purposes.
SO, THIS WAS MY STRATEGY FOR CRACKING MY FAR EXAM. HOPE THIS HELPS MANY STUDENTS.
Simandhar Education is India’s No.1 training provider for US CPA, US CMA, Enrolled Agent IFRS and HRCI professional courses.