Good News for all Chartered Accountants & Congrats ICAI.
If you are a CA, you can get 60-90 credits.
Yes, you heard correctly.
- Chartered Accountants can get 60 to 90 credits for CPA. From now onwards, the CA qualification is treated as Post Graduation.
- Students who have done CA foundation will be given additional credits.
- If you are a CPT, no credits will be added to you.
The Uniform CPA Exam follows a certain credit system. A candidate must have 120 credits (in some other states, the requirement can be 150 credits) from a NAAC recognized college. Also, the candidate must have certain designated hours in accounting related subjects.
Each academic year will provide you with 30 credits. After completing your bachelor’s degree you can have 30*3=90 credits. And you have to enrol for a master’s degree (From now onwards, The CA qualification is equivalent to a PG degree and adds 60 to 90 credits to you.)
CPA Exam Scoring:
- The candidate’s score for each section of the US CPA exam is reported on a scale in the range of 0 to 99.
- Also, the candidate has to score a minimum of 75 to pass a CPA section.
- Your total score on the AUD, FAR and REG sections are weighted based on your answers for Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) and Task-Based Simulations.
- For CPA BEC sections, the scores are weighted based on MCQs, TBS and Written communication tasks.
CPA License Requirements:
- Pass all the 4 CPA exams in the time frame of 10-12 months.
- Education – Need to have 150 credits [ Simandhar Education has a bridge course to help you in getting desired credit
- Experience – 1 year [need not be under a CPA supervisor; Simandhar Education’s Lead Instructor Mr. Sripal Jain, (CPA and Licensed US CPA holder) can verify for the candidate.
- Ethics – It’s an open book and online on-demand exam.
We have more than 50% of students opting for the CA course; the overall news is not having much impact on CPA qualification.
Simandhar Education is the official partner of Becker professional education and channel partner of AICPA.
The largest training provider for US CPA, US CMA , IFRS and EA courses in India. Learn how to clear your CPA exams with extremely satisfying results by getting proper guidance and knowledge through our online courses and video tutorials taught by industry experts. We’re here to provide you with all the help you need to ace your CPA, CMA exams. We are just a call away for any assistance. Contact [email protected] 91 7780273388.