The EA exam precisely also known as SEE (Special Enrollment Examination) is administered by Prometric on behalf of IRS (Internal Revenue Service). The exam consists of three parts, each part has 100 questions, and you have to answer all the questions in 3.5 hours.
EA Part: 1 – Individuals:
The first part of the EA exam covers 5 sections:
- Preliminary Work and Taxpayer Data (15%)
- Specialized Returns for Individuals (15%)
- Taxation and Advice (20%)
- Deduction and Credits (25%)
- Income and Assets (25%)
EA Part: 2 – Business:
The second part includes 3 topics:
- Specialized Returns and Taxpayers (15%)
- Business Financial Information (40%)
- Businesses (45%)
EA Part: 3 – Representation:
The third part is broken down into 4 sections:
- Completion of the Filing Process (17%)
- Specific Types of Registration (25%)
- Representation before the IRS (25%)
- Practices and Procedures (33%)
|Related Article: EA EXAM HAS RESCHEDULED FROM NOVEMBER 2020 TO FEBRUARY 2021|
Taking the Exam:
In the EA exam, all the questions are multiple-choice. These questions are categorized into three different types:
- Incomplete Sentence
- Direct Question
- All of the Following Except
The best way to ensure success in the EA Exam is to schedule your study time. You should outline the topics and study every topic that is tested on the exam. The topics in each section weigh differently, so it’s important to factor that into your exam preparation.
How to Register for the Exam?
Below steps will help you prepare to register EA exam:
- Before you apply for the EA exam, you must obtain a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) from the IRS.
- After getting PTIN, register on the “Prometric website” for your exam.
- You can schedule your exam and take each part of the exam in any order within the available testing window.
|Related Article: STEP BY STEP PROCESS OF ENROLLED AGENT (EA) COURSE 2022|
Hope you find the information concerning the EA exam structure given above beneficial. However, if you still have any more queries or doubts, please feel free to Contact Simandhar Education @ +91 7780273388 or mail us at [email protected]