The NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) and the state board of accountancy governs the eligibility rules of CPA. The CPA exam requirements vary by state jurisdiction. Every state board of accountancy has a different set of requirements, but most states have a core set of qualifications for a candidate to be eligible for the CPA exam.
Let’s go through the CPA license requirements.
- In general, many states ask for 150 credit hours in some specific courses from a university or an accredited institute under NASBA.
- The candidate should pass the Ethics exam.
- Must have 2,000 hours of work experience in taxation, auditing, accounting and management consultancy.
- Age limit: 18+ years.
Besides the above requirements, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Accounting/Business with any of the below qualifications:
- MBA in Finance
- Master of Commerce
- Member of the Company Secretaries in India (CS)
- Member of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India)
We/I hope this post has given you a brief insight into the requirements for a US CPA to get his license. Please feel free to post queries in the comments below, we’d be happy to help you out.
Simandhar is the official partner of Becker and AICPA – Largest Training provider for US CPA, US CMA , IFRS and EA courses in India.
Learn how to clear your CPA exams with extremely satisfying results by getting proper guidance and knowledge through our online courses and video tutorials taught by industry Experts. We’re here to provide you with all the help that you need in order to ace your CPA, CMA exams. We are just a call away for any assistance. Simandhar Education is the leading training provider for the CPA Exam in India. Contact [email protected] 91 9390584166.
Hurry up !!
CPA exam now in India and Simandhar Education will help you to achieve it.