I DON’T HAVE A VERY DETAILED STRATEGY TO TALK ABOUT, BUT I’M JUST ADDING A FEW POINTERS THAT HAVE REALLY HELPED ME.
- Just listening to the lectures doesn’t help. Go through the textbook thoroughly and make your notes.
- Don’t get carried away while making your notes. You will end up having another copy of the textbook if you do so. Just make crisp summaries that you can go through annually. Throw in flow charts or diagrams if that helps you memorize better, especially for procedural topics.
- Always note down the new points you come across while solving MCQs and SIMS. This nitty-gritty may, at times, help you more than the text in the chapter and the skill master videos always help you cement the topics firmly in a precise manner.
- Even if you are done with MCQs, revise everything through unlimited practice tests. They give you an examination feeling since you won’t be able to check your answers immediately. Take these tests according to the exam pattern; it will help you sit through a four-hour exam as well as revise it module wise.
- At the end of the day, try flipping through pages you read that day and try to remember the points you studied earlier under each topic.
- Take the Mock exams after one round of revision. And review your weak areas. Try to sit for these tests during the timings that are booked for your actual exam. It will help you keep your mental focus during this period as your study timings may differ from test timings.
- Have a credibility partner even if it’s going to push you during your downtime or to help you look at your progress from a different angle.
- Never leave any part of the syllabus. You never know what will be tested in your exam.
- Basis basis basis ….
Be it property basis, S corp or C corp basis or Partnership basis — No matter how you feel about it. Nail it, no matter what. This is the most frequently tested concept and if you can master it, you won’t be bothered by any other tricky concept.
- Business law: If you are bad at remembering theory just like me, try to do it just before you start revising, and retain by doing the MCQ’s.
- SIMS allows the usage of authoritative literature. While practising, try using the AL to cross-check your answers. It helps you to efficiently use the AL and also enables you to review your answers before you press submit.
HOPE THESE POINTS WOULD SOMEHOW BE HELPFUL.
Simandhar Education is India’s No.1 training provider for US CPA, US CMA, Enrolled Agent IFRS and HRCI professional courses.