What is the US CPA?
US Certified Public Accountants (US CPA) credential is given to individuals who have passed the US CPA exam, administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
To become a US CPA, candidates must meet eligibility criteria and have the required experience. The US CPA designation can establish professional standards in the finance and accounting sectors.
When can I expect to get my US CPA exam scores?
Candidates might have one question: When will we get the results after passing the US CPA Exam.
Score Release dates of the US CPA exams taken between January 1 – June 30, 2022, are shown below:
|If you take your exam on/before:||Your target score release date is:|
|January 23, 2022||February 8, 2022|
|February 14, 2022||February 23, 2022|
|March 9, 2022||March 17, 2022|
|March 31, 2022||April 12, 2022|
|April 23, 2022||May 10, 2022|
|May 16, 2022||May 24, 2022|
|June 8, 2022||June 16, 2022|
|June 30, 2022||July 12, 2022|
- Prometric provides US CPA exam data files within 24 hours to most US CPA applicants.
- All US CPA exam data files received following the cutoff dates will be deleted.
- If you are taking the CPA BEC section, you will receive the scores approximately seven days after the target date to take the CPA BEC section. It’s because of the additional analysis required for the BEC written language tasks.
|Related Article: US CPA Exams Score Release Dates – 2021
Steps to find out your results:
- Log in to the candidate portal on the NASBA website to see your score, and proceed with the below information.
- The AICPA uses your Examination ID to score your CPA Exam.
- The scores are then sent for approval to Boards of Accountancy before the official release of the candidates. The process will take about three days before the result is officially declared.
- When the NASBA receives the scores, they are then processed compared to the names of the applicants.
- You will see an ‘eye’ icon once your score is approved.
- Click the icon to open the score notice, download it and then print it out
- Don’t let failure stop you from trying again. Keep trying persistently.
What’s the reason we can’t get the US CPA exam results right after the exam?
First, the AICPA receives exam data files from Prometric, the testing centers which run this CPA Exam. Then, the AICPA forwards the exam results to NASBA to deliver the scores to the state boards of accounting.
Factors for the Score Release
You probably already know that all four parts of the CPA Exam are computerized. So why do you need to be waiting so long to receive the results of your exam?
- It will take about a few weeks to receive your CPA Exam score because the AICPA examines your answers through several quality assurance reviews to ensure scoring accuracy. The AICPA recognizes the high level of importance, diligence, and a keen eye on accuracy in the CPA Exam scoring process.
- There is a system in place to verify the accuracy of scores. AICPA also has processes in place to confirm the accuracy of scores in specific instances. The BEC Written communications (WCs), the computer scoring program, grades your answers. However, in some cases, the system of CPA human graders will score responses too.
- When your BEC score is near passing, the human graders will automatically revise the quality of your WC responses. If multiple graders are required to evaluate your response, the final grade will consist of all scores given by the human graders.
- Additionally, the exam grading system isn’t simple to calculate. Humans have to monitor the process of converting to an arbitrary grade, which is 99-99. So, it’s natural that the process will take an extended period to be completed.
You will be given a score on each section of the US CPA Exam. It is a range from 0 to 99.
|Want to Become an Expert in CPA? Then visit here to Learn
Step by step process of US CPA
US CPA Eligibility
The requirements below are those who wish to take theUS CPA Examor obtain a CPA License.
- 120-150 credits from a recognized college/university
- Two years of work experience.
- Clear Ethics exam
- Age limit: 18+
Hope this article can assist you to find the US CPA exam results. We wish the candidates all the best for the exams.