The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the world’s largest accounting group, administers the US CPA. The AICPA awards CPA certification to those who have passed the standardized CPA exam and earned the required experience. The CPA certification upholds the highest possible professional standards in the field of accounting.
AICPA membership is open to anyone who passes all four CPA tests. On the other hand, a CPA license is issued by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy’s 55 state boards of accountancy in the United States (NASBA).
To sit for the CPA exam in the United States, candidates must meet several requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business accounting, administration, or finance.
- Must have 120 credits to register for the US CPA tests and 150 credits to acquire your CPA license.
- A year of university education in India is equivalent to 30 credits in the United States.
- Graduates of Indian universities with a three-year NAAC-A certified degree may sit for the US CPA exam.
The Benefits that come with US CPA:
A CPA USA course is the highest level of achievement, giving several opportunities to demonstrate your abilities in the accounting field.
The benefits of enrolling in a CPA course are listed below.
- Accounting and auditing firms, research firms, investment banks, commercial banks, mutual funds, acquisition firms, and other firms hire CPAs.
- It is a single-level online test with only four papers that takes less than a year to complete.
- In addition to the CA designation, CPAs would be knowledgeable with US GAAP, federal taxes, and corporate requirements in the United States.
Phases of becoming a CPA
There are many steps involved in becoming a CPA, from passing the exam to securing a permit. According to NASBA, an applicant must have 120 or 150 credits from a NAAC-accredited institution.
To pass the exam, you must first:
- Meet the educational requirements
- Apply AICPA
- After that, you’ll receive a Notice to Schedule, and you’ll need to arrange your papers accordingly.
The CPA syllabus consists of four papers that have to be completed within 18 months. The sections include Business Environment and Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), Auditing and Attestation (AUD), and Regulation (REG).
BEST INSTITUTE FOR US CPA TRAINING IN INDIA
While we know success in CPA exams is achieved through continuous dedication and commitment to the goal, there’s no denying that you need proper guidance to reach that definite goal.
Choosing the right institute is a crucial stage of pursuing a US CPA Course. You have to keep in check your criteria before analyzing and selecting them. Your approach should not just be for clearing the exams but to get placement and assistance for licensure.
Here are some points to keep in check before choosing an institute:
-> Live and recorded lectures- As many working professionals pursue this course, it is essential to have recorded classes in case of missing live classes and getting better clarity.
-> Experienced faculties- CPA is a course for which you need proper guidance from an expert and experienced faculty that helps in the immense preparation
-> One on one interaction-Be it for enrolment, evaluation, or doubt clearance, one on one mentorship is required.
-> Support and guidance in clearing the US CPA exam is only one step of achieving CPA designation. The institute should also assist you in getting you placed and your licensure.
The best institute for pursuing CPA in India today would be Simandhar Education. It is a one-stop destination for all the processes regarding CPA, be it getting the course, enrollment, evaluation, results, certification, and licensing.
Reasons Why to Choose Simandhar for CPA USA Course
- Comprehensive Study Material by Becker: Simandhar provides Becker’s study material and accessible lectures converted into simple language for Indian students’ understanding, which helps set the excellent ground for the base.
- End to End Evaluation Assistance: As we know, the evaluation process can be tedious and distract your exam preparation. Here, Simandhar’s evaluation team will assist with the evaluation process relatively smoothly.
- Live online interactive classes: Not just live classes; Simandhar provides you with lectures thorough revision, frequent Mock tests, SIMs, and MCQs.
- Excellent placement assistance: Since Simandhar has a tie-up with all big 4s and MNC’s, students get excellent aid in placement and comparatively great opportunities compared to other institutes.
- Personal Grooming Sessions for Interview: They conduct various mock interviews and mock tests for making students ready for interviews
- Licensing Support: Great Support is given to the CPA Alumni for the complete licensure procedure.
A CPA license shows dedication to the profession and frequently identifies prospects for leadership and management jobs. Those who wish to hold positions of more authority and responsibility require CPA certification.
The CPA designation distinguishes you from the competition and allows you to join one of the most renowned and well-respected professions.
We hope this article helps you get the whole idea of the process involved in becoming a US CPA and choosing the right institute for pursuing the most crucial step of becoming a CPA.