Common Study Tips for all the Sections in the CPA Exam - Shared by Shradha Gola
Keep practicing MCQs after every module and make your practice tests as you make progress with the chapters.
Width of knowledge is more important than depth, i.e. know a little bit of everything.
Thorough understanding of every topic, don't make expectations according to the trends. Understand the typical concepts like leases and pensions but don't unnecessarily engage too much into it. If you're not getting a little point, then refer to other materials like for me Suraj Sir's videos worked but if you still don't get it then don't sweat it too much and move on. Read the call of the questions first because mostly half of the information in lengthy-looking questions will be irrelevant.
- Read questions atleast twice to dodge their wordplay.
- Make as much notes as possible to grasp the peculiar points and concepts properly.
- Again, practice till your eyes are swollen and you can't see properly.
- Make charts or tables for important phase-out limits so that everything is in front of you and review it daily first thing in the morning.
- Don't skip revising even for a day for regulation or you WILL get confused and lose track of the preparation. It's very easy to get confused about this subject.
- Make notes on the difference in rules of the basis for S Corps and Partnership and practice a lot of questions because the rules for both seem similar. Again, making charts here could be of great help. Do the same for like-kind exchanges as well.
- I'll suggest the cliché here, learn the COSO framework and ERM and ALL of their principles by heart.
- Practice IT, watch all IT related Becker videos and make notes of new points that they explain. For the writing part, keep in mind the structure - Intro, main Content or body and then Conclusion. And attempt the questions even if you don't know the answer, play around your knowledge and ALWAYS write according to the structure.
- Also, don't make the mistake of taking BEC lightly.
Simandhar Education is India's No.1 training provider for US CPA, US CMA, Enrolled Agent IFRS and HRCI professional courses.