About BDO India
BDO is a leading professional services organisation and are global leaders of the mid–tier, operating in over 167 countries, with over 88,000 people working out of more than 1,800 offices. Globally, BDO provides tax, audit & assurance, advisory and business outsourcing services to companies across all sectors of the economy. In India, we operate out of 14 offices across 10 key cities, providing services to clients pan India.
We employ over 2500 experienced professionals and take pride in offering our service portfolio built on the foundation of a rich blend of experience and expertise, bringing to fore a work culture that is both client – centric and knowledge driven. Combining the broad experience and technical expertise of our professionals, we offer bespoke solutions to our clients’ evolving needs. We endeavour to provide exceptional client service through a tailored solutions approach, while partnering with our employees and clients globally.
About the programme
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), is rapidly becoming a benchmark for the accounting world.
With a growing number of countries opting for IFRS, the numbers of finance professionals with qualification in IFRS is also increasing globally.
The Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS), notified in 2014, have converged with IFRS, which marked a paradigm shift in the regulatory and reporting landscape for companies in India.
Diploma in IFRS (Diploma IFRS) from the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants is one such qualification which provides detailed conceptual insights into IFRS. It is widely recognised in India and around the world and is useful for finance professionals working or intending to work in an environment requiring accounting and reporting using IFRS/ Ind AS. The programmed is designed to develop an individual’s knowledge of IFRS by providing an understanding of the concepts, principles and application in the international marketplace.
- The programme is based on the ‘Diploma in IFRS’ from ACCA syllabus
- It aims to prepare participants for the Diploma IFRS examination conducted by ACCA
- The programme covers seventy-five (75) hours of intensive and interactive Live Online training backed by recording of each and every session.
- Sessions will be held during the weekends and will not only cover the topic but also differences between IFRS, US GAAP, Ind AS wherever applicable.
- Monitoring test and mock examination shall be conducted to help students prepare well for the examination
- Participants will be provided access to the Learning Management System (LMS) for a year from the date of batch commencement, which includes:
- Session presentations
- Live online classes (Login from anywhere in the world).
- Summary of standards
- Session videos
- Modules on difference between IFRS/ Ind AS/ Indian GAAP
- Weekend Sessions
- Case Laws and IFRS Implementation projects
- Mock test
- 75 hours session
- Recorded sessions incase you miss any session.
- Certificate of Participation from BDO and Simandhar Education.
- The programme is conducted by experienced professionals from BDO India in India
The Diploma IFRS course aims to equip participants to:
- Understand and explain the structure of the framework of international accounting
- Apply relevant financial reporting standards to key elements of financial reports
- Identify and apply disclosure requirements for companies in financial reports and notes
- Prepare group financial statements (excluding group cash-flow statements) including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures.
Who should attend?
- Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), finance directors and strategic planners
- Accountants and analysts
- Consultants, practicing Chartered Accountants (CA), Cost and Management Accountants (CMA)
- Finance and accounting professionals
- Graduates/Post graduates who are a part of the finance/accounting team.
If you are a professional accountant or auditor who works in a practice or business, and are qualified according to national accounting standards, then you are eligible to take this ACCA financial reporting qualification.
If you are a working professional, but not yet qualified, then you may still be eligible. You will need to prove that you have one of the following:
- Three years’ of relevant accounting experience (duly filled, signed and stamped ACCA experience form by the employer)
- A relevant degree, with two years’ of work experience
- An ACCA certificate in International Financial Reporting, in addition to two- years’ of work experience
BDO India and Simandhar Education in India's certificate of participation shall be awarded to all students enrolling and recording a 90 per cent attendance in the sessions.
The programme fee (exclusive of GST) is INR 29,500 which includes necessary study material but excludes the exam registration fees payable to ACCA for the DipIFR exam.
Diploma IFRS will be assessed by a single three-hour written exam, which is held twice a year, once in June and again in December at ACCA's exam centres- in India. The passing mark is 50 per cent. The exam contains two sections and has a mix of calculations and written answers. Some questions adopt a scenario/case study approach.
ACCA Diploma IFRS registration:
For ACCA Diploma IFRS exam:
Online registration request and copies of all your supporting documentation should reach ACCA by March 2020 for the June 2020 exam session.
Successful candidates are awarded the ‘Diploma IFRS’ qualification by ACCA.
Weekend batches starting from 7th March 2020 .
|Online Live Interactive Classes||
+917780273388 +91 9390584166[email protected]
Customized corporate workshops
We would be pleased to conduct specific in-house workshops for your organisation.
For enquiries related to corporate training or group nominations, please reach out to:
For enquiries related to corporate training please reach out to:
For enquiries related to group nominations please reach out to:
To know more about other programmes offered, click here.